Human Nutrition Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with the FAO’s “Minimum Dietary Diversity for Women” score in monitoring their community projects.

More information can be found, here: http://www.fao.org/3/i5486e/i5486e.pdf

A brief note about the tool for anyone curious: it is facilitated with a 24-hr recall or a food list. The calculations are based on diversity of food groups and so it can be used (1) without composition data or expensive software (2) regardless of in-country food guides or dietary recommendations. It’s meant to be used for either large nation-wide datasets OR for comparison over time (so for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation).

I have a couple of questions regarding a project I’m working on and if you’ve used this MDD-W measurement, I’d love to chat!

Thanks,
Rebecca

2 Likes

Under initiative call “Project Farm Gate Price” we are involved in the activity of implementing a “Business Plan” for “White Button Mushroom Growing Room Project” in India
Mushroom cultivation can solve the problem of nutrition by converting waste from agriculture activity in to protein
We like to replicate our activity in other countries
We have developed a innovative business model for scaling up the activity of Mushroom cultivation on large scale
We are looking for people in other countries, those who are interested in promoting Mushroom cultivation for solving nutrition related problems and joining hand with them to deploy “White Button Mushroom Growing Room” in their country

How about a reply a year later?

Yes I have used the various DDS’ IDDS, HDDS, WDDS, MDD, etc. And was involved in the new Diet Quality Questionnaire (DQQ). Happy to discuss.

https://inddex.nutrition.tufts.edu/data4diets/data-source/dietary-diversity

Indeed, human nutrition is a crucial aspect of sustainable community development, and understanding its relationship to agriculture science is essential for addressing food security, health, and overall well-being. By creating a dedicated space within the ECHO network for members to discuss work, research, and questions related to human nutrition, you can foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among individuals with similar interests.

1 Like