Black soldier flies farming

Anyone doing black soldier flies farming successfully? May I visit your location to learn from you? I will be in Thailand at the end of October.

Thank you,
khanh

If you have the chance to go to Chiang Mai, the Echo centre raise black soldier fly, you may contact them to arrange a visit.

Thank you for letting me know.

Khanh, from my experience, it is almost impossible to do wrong. We have used a variety of systems and they all work well. Our most recent system is to cut metal barrels in half and hang them from the rafters above the chickens. I will try to send a picture in the next few days because I am at a different site now. We have built different kids of “nest boxes” for them to lay eggs in and they all work. I suspect that it will work without nests too. I’ll probably try that shortly. My favorite bait to attract the mother is rotten potatoes but on my most recent project, couldn’t find any, so used cow manure and had worms about 3 weeks later. In the beginning I did very hard and complicated way but the simple ways work just as well. As long as their feed is not too wet or dry, you’ll be ok.

I would love to learn more from you. Where are you located? Please send pictures that you have.

khanh

I was going to post a photo but couldn’t figure out how. Are photos permitted?

My direct email is khanh@naturalfarmingvietnam.com, you can send here?

Thank you,

khanh

Khanh, the video files can be seen on our website.
https://www.artforhumanity.org/hibs/tolc/chicken-feed/

I hope they are helpful. But, as I said in the beginning, I think it is almost impossible to do BSF wrong with the exception of being too dry or too wet.

Wow, that’s neat, thank you for the info. I will have to look into implementing something like this.

khanh