Downloadable Books in ECHOcommunity

ECHOcommunity.org is home to the ECHO library index. Physical books in the ECHO libraries represent a collection of often hard-to-find volumes, many out of print. 6300 books are currently listed in the library index.

https://www.echocommunity.org/en/search/books?keywords=*

Physical books are for use within the ECHO libraries where they are found. If in print, the ECHO Bookstore link, the Amazon link, or other source links may be found in the library index.

Good news! 400 of the books listed are downloadable !! Look for the download icon in the library index.

Downloadable books are also available on the ECHOcommunity mobile app. Search for “downloadable” in the Resource Search on either the mobile app or the web app. Downloadable books will also show up under various subject searches on the mobile app. All books are indexed for subject searches on the web app.

I’ve got about 23 issues of the Appropriate Technology magazine from the mid 1970’s- to early 1980’s. Would you all like them? I don’t want to see them trashed but if you would keep them in the library I can mail them to you.

Thanks!
Larry Bentley larry.bentley@engineer.com

1 Like

I will pay for you to ship them to me. My email address is jrancken@yahoo.com (if echo or another non profit does not want them.

1 Like

Hi Larry!

Thank you so much for your generous offer!
Looking at the copyright information, ECHO can’t make them publically available to our network and so would have to house them in our library for agricultural students who visit our library. That being said, John May have more immediate use of them! Please feel free to coordinate with John, getting them to him. ECHO celebrates these connections and opportunities for sharing resources!