Finding Jack Beans

We are seeking Jack Beans in Kenya.
There seems to be a national shortage!
Can anyone help? Please

1 Like

How much do you need?
We have them here in Tanzania.

Hi John David,
I’m told it is expensive and lengthy to deal with border controls.
If you can send them easily that will be great.

How much per kilo?

Graham Knight
BioDesign biodesigndiy@gmail.com

Sir Graham,
Thank you for the reply.
Jack beans are available at Tsh.3000/ @ kg.
Lets communicate to arrange the transport , i have an access on it.
Email:johnthelordsgrace@yahoo.com
+255621938373

Hi Graham I Spoke to Bibiana Kuria via Phone and confirmed she has some Jack Bean climbing kind seeds and now am making an appeal to help purchase at least 50Killos retailing at Kes 2000.00 a kilo and begin with 50 farmers or what can be afforded for startup this can also be through partnership to also support on facilitation on some other logistics for travel to reach the farmers and training and begin with few farmers for piloting and training.
Especially now the lands are being ploughed for planting on the onset of rains next month and April.
Beginning with all the two kinds will be good. The bushy and the climbing kind.
This is important to also help the remote small scale rural farmers to understand the distinction between the two kinds and begin direct to re-fertilizing/nourishing their small degraded plots soil and learn more about the benefit of cover crops as they practice planting it and in long run it can provide the soil some reasonable fertility.
I also understand that full re-fertilizing can take several seasons if the soil is severely depleted and this will also be explained to the farmers. Some manual will be printed to help them study on their own especially those without smartphone or internet access and also the planting Jabber will be required to train them on how to use this technique on their own.
My NGO serve both rural and urban based marginalized communities and its on a national scale just ready to utilize this opportunity to serve many small scale farmers farmers and also re-fertilize most degraded plots and lands across Kenya so we may reach our objective on food security through safety food nets among other environmental and climate issues .

Oh wow…I have been searching jack beans to intercrop my banana plantation Uganda. I have just been quoted 150,000 Uganda shs per kg by a contact I got online… Now finding that you have it at 3000tz…why h is equivalent to 4500 Uganda shs makes me wonder if it is a legit supplier I contacted. Can someone point me to a known supplier in Uganda where I can get it at a decent price. My plantation is located in Eastern Uganda near Mbale town
Many thanks

Dear Dr Lydia,
I am involved in helping a number of small farmers in Uganda to grow Jack beans.
Some have sown and grown JB and I can out you in contact if this of intgerest?
Graham Knight
biodesigndiy@gmail.com

1 Like

Dear Graham,
Many thanks for your response and kind offer. Let me send you an email right now.

Thanks again

Lydia

Dear Lydia,
If you send me your email address I will send a pdf on the wonder of Jack beans!
Graham

Dear Graham,
Thanks for your message. I think you have forgotten. I did send you my email and we did communicate when I wanted to get jack beans. You later asked a source in Uganda to help me with the supply but it turned out to be the same person who had earlier quoted for me Uganda shillings 150,000 for a kg… … which to me was exorbitant given the price I was seeing in Kenya and also Tanzania.

Thanks

Hello Dr Lydia the price for jack beans that you were quoted is very high, please reach out and I see how to help.

1 Like

Hello Andrew,
Thank you very much for your message and your concern. I managed to find a neighbour where my garden is who is growing them. I plan to get seeds from him. Many thanks for your offer.
If you are not to far from Mbale ( Uganda), then that would be a great option.
Most appreciated
Lydia