List of Trees/Varieties in Production at ECHO

I just watched this video tour with @Stacy_Swartz and she said in 2014 they had Avocados 10 months out of the year.

My simple question is, does anyone know/have the list of Avocado varieties that would be producing that at ECHO?

A more difficult question would be, is there any sort of master list of all the trees with varieties that are currently alive and growing on the farm at ECHO?

Hey Tyler!

I think getting avocados for 10 months is a best-case-scenario. On average it is not quite so long. You know most of the varieties that we have on the farm that contribute to this (Donny, Simmonds, Brogdon, Joey, Lula, Monroe, Expedition, Choquette), but I can send you a current master list as well!

1 Like

Hey Tyler! Here’s the table of avocado varieties and fruiting dates from the ECHO nursery compendium. Our nursery manager commented that he has not seen Donnie fruit as early as May and that these varieties will likely behave differently in different climates (like where you are).

Hello everyone, here in Uganda we also have a variety called Persia Americana, so I don’t know whether it can perform well so this case, thanks