Looking for a source for Desmodium in Malawi

Greetings everyone,

I am working with farmers in southern Malawi to mitigate the Fall Army Worm. We will be conducting a conference on January 7th. Does anyone know of sources for Desmodium in quantity in Malawi?

Thanks!

Michael Cooley

Am available to help you as i work with communities in Malawi

Thanks so much, I am looking for a source for Desmodium seed near Phalombe.

Michael

Hellow
I have stakeholders and communities in phalombe so i can help you

Regards

Brown

That would be great. I would love to pass on the information to my stakeholder in Phalombe. He is sponsoring the farmer’s Conference next week.

Michael

Hello
He already have stakeholders in phalombe?

Thats great

Regards

Brown

They do not have the knowledge of sources for Desmodium. Do you think you could ask your sources for availability of Desmodium?

Thank you so much

Michael

I have no leads on a source for Desmodium, but was curious regarding your experience with Fall Army Worm. I work in Laos, where FAW just recently arrived, some two years back. Farmers are on a steep learning curve. I was reading about the use of Stink bugs (Eocanthecona furcellata) to control the population of Fall Armyworm. Has that been done where you are? Any success? What has proven most successful?

I am only recently (last year) experienced with FAW. I know push-pull seems to be a popular mitigation. The typical mono-cropping methods make the crop a buffet for the pest. No predator habitat or plants to discourage the moth.

Hoping to work on a project in Myanmar in 2021. Not sure what their experience is though.

Michael

Yes Michael that can be done
Brown