Looking for resources on perineal food plants

Hello, My name is Dawn Spoon. I am the country coordinator for the Philippines for FARM STEW Internatinal. I live in the Philippines and will be attending the training on Tropical Agriculture and Development in November in Thailand. I am interested to know if you have any resources for tropical perineal plants as food sources. Since we work with remote villages where food is often scarce or difficult, we are looking to develop perineal food resources to share with the tribal people to increase their nutrition and health.
What types of perineal plants do you have available?

Dawn Spoon, RN BSN
FARM STEW International
Country Coordinator - Philippines.

1 Like

Hi Dawn,
I’m sure our network will have great responses for your context, but this link to the ECHOcommunity collection on Perennial Crops will help get you started.

You might also gain from reading this recent Conversation concerning another network member in the Philippines.

And this list of resources focused on the Philippines

Hi Dawn!

It’s great to have you engaging with the network here! @Keith_Mikkelson will likely have recommendations for you. I also encourage you to look through the options in this publication: http://edn.link/xjx7pp

Here’s a draft of my foraging guide in Palawan with recipes, need better pictures and finish info on the classic perennials and annuals!

Draft Forage-Edible weeds

I am looking for seeds or starts of food plants - especially perennial plants that when planted will provide food for a long time. It would be helpful if they can withstand drought as well. Does anyone know a resource? We are looking to develop a perennial food resource garden where we can share seeds or starts with the villages as we provide FARM STEW training in their communities. I look forward to hearing from you,

Dawn Spoon RN BSN
FARM STEW International
Country Coordinator - Philippines.