Passiflora ligularis and Germination Passiflora Seeds

First of all, I’m looking for a source in the US of fresh Sweet Granadilla (Passiflora ligularis) fruit so that I can germinate seeds. I’ve been able to successfully germinate passiflora seeds in the past, but only when I have fresh seeds. All of the seed packets I’ve gotten haven’t ever germinated, even after doing warm water treatment, or soaking in passionfruit juice, or lemon juice, etc.

Anyone have any connections or seen these anywhere in SW Florida? I’m sure there’s gotta be someone growing them, but not very abundant. Please note, I am NOT looking for passiflora edulis var flavicarpa.

If anyone has any super secrets to germinating passiflora seeds that are old with high success rates please let me know!

Thanks

I hope you get the seeds you’re looking for and that they germinate well :sunny: I don’t have any super secrets to germinating old passiflora seeds but I wonder if scarring them would work. Just a thought. Good luck :sunny:

Just an FYI to anyone who finds this again. I never did find a fresh source of sweet granadilla seeds. Instead I ended up buying some plants from here: https://everglades.farm/collections/granadilla

1 Like