Translators needed for ECHOcommunity!

ECHOcommunity is made up of amazing people like you who are making a difference all around the world. We work hard to make sure that the resources available on ECHOcommunity are not just offered to people who speak English, but offered to as many people as possible.

Did you know?

ECHOcommunity natively supports 10 languages!

Keeping all of this up to date is a big job, and sometimes we don’t have the time or money to keep everything translated.

We’re looking for volunteer translators just like you.

We have opportunities for people to translate resources OR the website interface. If you speak both English and ANY other language, we would love to send you some material to translate. No offer of help is too big or small… We can send you a little, or a lot to do; every bit helps.

What languages?

We currently support

• English
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Thai
  • Burmese (Myanmar)
  • Swahili
  • Vietnamese
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Khmer
  • Indonesian

Each of these needs some updating.

We would also like help with these languages:

• Haitian Creole
  • Hindi
  • Portugese

We would like to offer more resources and the website interface in these languages some day.

How can I get involved?

ANNOUNCEMENT

We now have an official way that ANYONE can contribute translations for ECHOcommunity. We are now using Weblate for all translation work, and anyone can participate. Please visit https://translation.echocommunity.org

Registration is really easy and you can begin making translation suggestions right away.

Please let us know if you have questions or need help!

THANKS for being a part of the ECHOcommunity. Let’s make knowledge available to everyone, together!

4 Likes

Let´s see if I am able to help. My native language is spanish.

God bless you

Wil

2 Likes

I’m not a native speaker of Spanish, but I can assist someone like Wil, if that’s helpful.

2 Likes

I can assist with Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.

2 Likes

I can help in Créole (haïtien )

2 Likes

I would be happy to translate.

2 Likes

This is a great response! Thanks everyone for being so willing. We’re putting together some projects, so you should start to see emails from me in the next few days. We can still use translators, so please let us know if you can help.

3 Likes

I am willing to consider helping with Bahasa Indonesia.

3 Likes

Swahili i speak swahili

2 Likes

I can help with Kreyòl!!!

1 Like

It will be a pleasure to help in Haitian kreyol (Creole .)

1 Like

I can help with swahili

1 Like

I’m fluent both at French and English. So l’m at your disposal please. Je m’exprime couramment en Anglais et en Français. Je reste à votre disposition si vous voulez bien me confier un service.

NLO MANGA vendelin
Cameroon.

I’m fluent in Chichewa (a dialect of ChiNyanja spoken in Zambia, Malawi and parts of neighboring countries) and English if either is helpful to anyone!

I speak fluently english french and haitian creole I will willing to help in translation

1 Like

Je parle français ainsi que le créole, je serais ravi de pouvoir aider.

Hello, I am in Bujumbura-Burundi.
This is to inform you on my translation skills and put them at your disposal
French-English are my professional languages
Thanks

I am a Swahili native speaker, so I can help.

1 Like

Hello
I am a native speaker of swahili

Hello I’m a native Filipino I can help translate Tagalog to English, cebuano to English or ilonggo to english.more power to the echocommunity