Welcome to ECHOcommunity Conversations

Welcome to ECHOcommunity: Conversations

This is a place for development workers, trainers, and farmers to discuss issues, challenges and solutions pertaining to small-scale agriculture, appropriate technology, and community development.

You’ll find many questions here from people looking for insight, another perspective, or help with a specific problem. This is a community, and you are welcome to answer any question, and participate in any conversations. If you have a question you’d like to ask, simply click the “New Topic” button to get started.

An ECHOcommunity membership is required to post or reply to conversations. MEMBERSHIP is free and depending on your level of involvement in international development also includes access to free seeds, the ECHOcommunity knowledge base, and consulting services.

3 Likes

Thank you, I am pleased to be part of the community conversations; community work is where my passion is

Hi am from Ghana west African Banda in the Brong Ahafo Region we need investors who will come to my District to buy cashew nuts which will help us reduce hunger in the area interested person can contact me +233549555556/+233203462055
enoch.bioh@yahoo.com thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Pollination of Atemoya

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pollination of Atemoya

Greetings everyone!
I am recently retired ag missionary (residing in Indiana now) having worked 20 years in the Democratic Republic of Congo then 20 years in the Central African Republic/Cameroon in agroforestry solutions with small farmers in raising beans, vegetables, and just about any tropical fruit tree in the world and I would love to become a consultant to the ECHO community regarding what I call Tree Gardening in Central Africa. Seeing there is ECHO in East and West Africa, I would love to fill in for those of you working in Central Africa. I am co-author of two books, " 100 Tropical Fruits, Nuts, and Spices for the Central African Home Garden" and " Agroforestry in the Central African Home Garden", both available in ECHO’s library and bookstore, and if you have any questions, I would be happy to entertain them by contacting me at royaleta@gmail.com or calling me at 574-780-6294 (or texting me). I just want to let everyone know I am officially on board with ECHO community and would love to hear from you! ROY

Welcome. Roy! We are excited to see that you will be more accessible to participate in ECHOcommunity!

May I suggest for you and others to use the Conversations platform, as much as possible, rather than direct emails? When two people use email to converse, the exchange only benefits the two of them. When the exchange takes place in Conversations, everyone gets to listen in and benefit. If you do have an interesting email exchange, please consider initiating a broader Conversation.

Whatever the means, though, thank you for stepping up to expand your role as a mentor and friend to thousands of development workers and small-scale farmers.

1 Like

Thank you, I’m delighted to be here. Look forward to collaborating with you all on the platform in sharing knowledge, skills and Experience.

Great place to be as a small scale farmer (I call myself a gardener since I am a zero-till enthusiast). I have been wondering where I can share my innovations and backyard research findings. I am already benefiting from the knowledge on this platform and wish to reciprocate.