Hello ECHO Community! Brad and Trish Ward and I have a mutual friend who is connected to Rise Up Community Farm in Wilmington, NC. They’re looking for a new Farm Manager and Executive Director. I’ll post each job here separately for everyone to see. Perhaps you or someone you know is a good fit for this farming ministry?
Rise Up Community Farm (RUCF) is a nonprofit community farm located on an acre of land in Wilmington, NC. Our mission is to plant hope in the community by cultivating land and community, educating, nourishing our neighbors in need, and empowering local youth. RUCF uses sustainable and chemical-free farming practices to produce healthy fruits and vegetables and to ensure that our community has access to fresh produce, while empowering local youth through our Rise Up Youth Internship and ongoing youth programming.
As we look to the future of Rise Up and head into a time of transition, we are looking for folks that have vision for the next season of the farm, feel called to food and farming ministry, and have a heart for building community and stewarding the little piece of land that is Rise Up. While these job descriptions encompass the roles that we feel are needed for Rise Up to continue moving forward, we are open to new vision and direction for the land and organization. We ask that anyone interested and that feels called to this work please reach out. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your vision or ideas and any questions you may have.
The Farm Manager at Rise Up Community Farm (RUCF) is an integral member of the RUCF team, overseeing and carrying out the day to day work of the farm, planning for the future, and partnering well with staff, volunteers and other organizations to advance the mission and vision of RUCF.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Farming or gardening experience
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions & ability to be on feet most of day
- High integrity, accountable
- Teachable/willing to learn/adaptable
- Hard working; motivated & takes initiative
- Strategic, creative, problem solver
- Open to new ideas; Works well on their own but also with a team
- Focused, detail oriented & manages time well on their own
- Welcoming to all at farm; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driver’s License
- Fundraising or grant writing experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
A degree or certification in a related field
See the full job description below. Interested applicants may send their resume, cover letter, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org